Holding Court: Gareth Pugh


so in general the RTW (ready-to-wear) shows don't have quite the 
air of the couture shows....

unless of course you are Gareth Pugh and it's Paris fashion week!
then to hell with it- lets make the collection & the whole affair couture-esque regardless of it's 
RTW status.

& I for one am grateful, this collection is magical, for me it conjures up instant associations with a medieval Royal Court from days gone past, the collection even seems to tip the hat at jesters, jongleurs and peasantry, but then maybe it just because I'm reading book covering the times of Eleanor of Aquitaine & King Henry II, and at the end of the day, there is a little princess hidden in my depths after all. 
I also think Tilda Swinton would look incredible in some of these pieces, and if I had the budget, there are a couple I reckon I could rock!

what do you think?....






























3 comments:

  1. So original proposal!!! For me its really creative and I like very much the 2nd dress white and the 5th outfit in black. I have started following you on G+! Hope your follow back! What do you think to follow us also in Bloglovin? Kisses (and thank you for your visit),
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such unique looks! Really creative!
    Mel

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! As much as love so much else shown so across the 'big 4' fashion weeks, this was just such an inspiration xx

      Delete